Apr 15, 2023 Workshop with Linnéa Storm
April 15 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
More information will be posted as it becomes available
Sensei: Linnéa Storm
Cost: $30.00 members, $35.00 non-members, $10.00 observe only
Location: Zerio Residence, 8327 E. Desert Cove, Scottsdale, AZ
RSVP By: TBD
Please respond to all RSVPs before the registration deadline, to ensure the appropriate number of materials are purchased. If you register and cannot attend, please correct your RSVP before the deadline. Otherwise, there will be a $15.00 “no-show” charge to pay for your floral materials.
Make checks out to Ikenobo of Arizona. Checks should be sent to Lisa Schleier, 226 E. Marconi Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85022-3019. This will hold your place in class. Your canceled check will be your receipt. If you have questions, please contact Wanda LaLoggia at (480) 600-4220 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the RSVP Form Link is ONLY used to register for the workshop so we know how many flowers to order. After you register, make sure to send a check made out to Ikenobo of Arizona.
CHECKLIST FOR CLASSES
- Container(s) appropriate for the workshop being taught
- Hasami (scissors)
- Bucket for water to hold your plant material while doing the arrangement
- Wires, wire cutters, tape (as appropriate for arrangements being taught)
- Paper or plastic bag for debris
- Personal Class Attendance sheet
- Arrive on time and select your table
- Prepare your work area
- Fill container and cutting dish with water. Place kenzan in the container.
- Place hasamis (scissors), towel, paper and pencil on table.
- Place branches and flowers in water and put them on the floor.
- Visit with the other participants but be seated and ready to start on time.
- As a courtesy to the professor and other students, please DO NOT TALK during the demonstration, arranging time and critiquing sessions.
- DO NOT start working until the demonstration is completed.
- Raise your hand to receive help from the sensei or professor.
- Throughout the entire workshop, communicate with the materials, NOT your neighbor.
- Remember it is the Japanese custom that no food or drink is brought into the work area.
- When your arrangement is completed and ready for the professor to critique:
- Clean your work area.
- Place the hasami in front of the arrangement.
- Get the next number and place it next to your arrangement. Then watch while sensei corrects other arrangements.
- Be sure a photo is taken of your corrected arrangement with your name tag.